ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHERS
Where are you based?
- We are based in Durango, Colorado, but my passport and Tacoma (home on wheels) are ready to go at a moment’s notice!
Who will photograph our wedding or portraits?
- That would be me! Monika.
Who will be our second photographer?
- Most likely my partner and wing-man, Nick, who is a skilled photographer and superman climber. He’ll do anything to get the perfect shot. I’ve had the pleasure of teaching him photography over the past few years, and he shoots very similar to me, which compliments my photography work nicely. And not to mention he’s very charismatic and approachable.
Are you LGBTQ+ friendly?
- Absolutely! We love to document all and every form of love!
What equipment do you use?
- We use a Nikon 750 with a variety of prime, zoom, telephoto, and macro lenses to fit every shooting situation. Occasionally, we use on camera flashes, but only during very low light shooting situations. We feel the artificial light can detract from the naturalness of our images.
Do you travel and if so, where?
- As much as we love Durango, we love to travel even more! No place is off limits for us, remote wilderness, any state in the US, or an international destination. We’ll go anywhere! We are certainly interested in an exchange of our services for airfare, lodging, meals, and transportation to and at a destination wedding, because we love travelling to new and wild places. So please contact us directly if this is something you’re interested in!
What do your wedding collections start at?
- They start a $1000 for elopements (less than 20 guests), and $2500 for weddings (20 or more guests). Our most popular package is our platinum wedding collection at $3500.
RECEIVING YOUR IMAGES
How will we receive our images?
- Via email, and downloadable via your personalized photo gallery on my Pixieset.com site.
When will we receive our images?
- 4 to 6 weeks after your wedding date or portrait session. This is a suggested length of time for delivery but most of the time we deliver within 4 weeks.
How many images will we receive?
- It depends on you chosen Wedding or Portrait Photography package! We typically will deliver 25 edited images an hour.
Will we get the rights to the photos after our wedding?
- Absolutely! It’s the cornerstone of my services!
Do you deliver every image you shoot?
- I do not. I’ll shoot upwards of 100 to 200 photos per hour, and I’ll cull for the absolute best and perfect pictures.
Do you edit all our images?
- I edit all the photos that are delivered to you electronically.
What does editing include?
- Minor touchups and alterations, brightness, color corrections, and sharpening of images.
Do we have to order prints through you?
- Absolutely not. I do have a very affordable options for printing, but my clients are not required or forced to order through me.
Will you keep back-ups of our images for us? How can we make sure they won’ be lost?
- You will have access to your pictures via pixieset.com for a year, afterwards I will remove your online collection, and will keep a backup in my digital storage.
Do you offer wedding albums?
- We do!
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
How do I set up an appointment to meet you and learn more about how you work?
- Call or message me directly at 970-403-5584, OR send me an email to (email@example.com ), and we’ll set up an appointment at your convenience. Consultations are always free.
We live out of town and won’t be able to meet. Is there another option for us?
- Yes! We can video chat via G-mail, Skype, or Facebook Messenger or we can chat over the phone. It’s up to you!
How do we reserve you for our wedding date or portrait session?
- With a $250 non-refundable but transferable deposit (for adventure sessions/elopements) or a $500 non-refundable deposit but transferable deposit for weddings, and a signed Photography Agreement and Terms of Service Contract. All other portrait sessions require a $50 non-refundable but transferable deposit, to reserve the date and time.
Is there an additional fee if we pay by credit card?
- There is, and it’s an additional 3% of your total bill. I prefer money order, personal check, or if in person, cash.
Is there a travel fee associated with our wedding day photography?
- There is no travel fee if your wedding is taking place within 100 miles of Durango, Colorado. But if you wedding is taking place outside of 100 miles, and is within driving distance, please contact me and we can work something out!
What if we exceed our contracted time for wedding coverage?
- I have an option for additional shooting time @ $300/hr. This can be added pre-wedding, or at the wedding. It’ll be billed accordingly, before receiving your images.
If we change our wedding to a different date, will we be able to use our deposit towards a different date?
- Typically, no. But in rare cases, we can move dates around without charge. Check with us if this is an absolute necessity.